Badges? We don’t need no stinking badges! OK, but I do like a little bling, so maybe just a little badging and lettering. I decided to the do hood and trunk letters, as well as the running horse and letters on the side of the front fenders. Since I am not really that committed, I went with the stick on type, not the drilled. It’s hard to drill holes in brand new perfect metal and paint! Continue reading “Applying Badges and Letters”
I tell my self the last major part I need to buy is the drive shaft. I am sure there are other things that will take money, but the drive shaft seems like the last barrier to driving. The other things would all be about finishing or comfort. Back to Modern Driveline to finish what I started there. Continue reading “Driveshaft and U-Joints”
One of the “mod” parts of my resto-mod 67 is the instrument cluster. Since it started pretty low end, it didn’t have anything useful in the dash. Even though it had a 3 speed, it didn’t have a tachometer. Part of fixing that, I went with all modern gauges that look a little nicer, with newer technology. Continue reading “Instrument Cluster Rebuild”
Making the push to get the front end done and all of the major parts attached to the car again. And for that matter, making it look like a car again. The last big pieces are the bumper and the valance. Continue reading “Front Bumper and Valance”
Continuing with the front end assembly, next thing is to get the stone guard on. In order to do that, I am pretty sure I need to find it first. It turns out I had wrapped it up with my front valance in the moving blanket when I moved. Crisis averted since it is already painted and I don’t want to deal with that. Continue reading “Stone Guard and Grille”
I started assembling the front end finally. After ordering some things I knew I would need, I started watching videos. I clearly got that in the wrong order. It ended up taking 3 orders to get what I need to finish the job. First stage will be to assemble the headlights. Continue reading “Front end assembly – Headlights”
After far too long, I finally decided I was far along enough in the engine compartment that I should put the hood and fenders back on. I still have a few fine adjustments on the engine before I am ready to fire it up for the first time, but the clock is ticking for summer cruising. Continue reading “Hood and Fenders”
Replacing the old radiator with a new aluminum radiator is something I see people doing a lot. Looking around at the car shows, one thing I don’t like about the aluminum radiators is how they often have a big silver brick for a top (Champion). For my radiator, I wanted best of both worlds with the original look, but modern technology. Continue reading “New Aluminum Radiator”
After seeing the quality of the fitment on the reproduction window trim, I decided to clean up and replace the missing original trim with all original parts. I was only missing one side part, but the rest was also pretty banged up. I had the same local polish shop that did my rear window trim clean up the front. The end result was better than new.
Installing the front and back window is something I wanted someone with experience to do. With the ease of messing things up and having leaks later, or damaged trim, I figured I would be better off with a pro. Unfortunately, even a pro can’t correct for bad reproduction parts.