Since things escalated with the body work, I embraced it and decided the rest of the work should follow the same level of quality. It started with the Street or Track front coilover system rather than a more stock suspension. One of the key drivers is my dislike of removing front springs to try to find the right stance. Add to that an expectation of improved handling and I was on board.Continue reading “Street or Track Coilover Front Suspension”
With the spindles loaded with the new brakes, it is time to tear apart the front end and rebuild it with all new parts. I have new upper and lower control arms from OpenTracker Racing, as well as Street or Track adjustable strut arms, and a roller spring perch from OpenTracker. Since I am replacing drum brakes, I will probably have to fabricate some lines as well, so they line up with the new disc demarcation point for the flexible lines.Continue reading “Front Suspension Replacement”
When I picked up the convertible, the front end shook and it was nearly uncontrollable when I hit a pothole. The pothole problem turned out to be the front right lower control arm not being tightened down, so the camber went all over with every bump. After fixing that, it still shakes. I decided to get a fresh starting point by replacing the control arms, the strut rods, the spring perches, and the idler arm. I think the shake may be the idler, so I will replace that first and give it a test drive. I ordered all the parts at once though, so no waiting a week in between for parts.Continue reading “CSRP Stock Style Disc Brakes”
With the 8 inch rear end done, the next step is to get it under the car. I thought I would do the front and rear as two separate projects, but circumstances pulled it into one mega upgrade. All good in the end though.Continue reading “Upgrading suspension and brakes”
The first thing my son said when I brought home his ’67 was that we need to put a bigger motor in it. Our children do become us. I did the same thing and ended up with no engine in the car for many years. I am going to do my best to help him avoid that. To that end, rather than put more work in the front or rear brakes that are on the car, I am working on putting a V8 5 lug setup on it. For the rear, that means recovering an old 8 inch rear end Randy had growing into the earth.Continue reading “Resurrecting an 8 inch rear”
It’s been a while since I have been able to spend much time on the 67. Partly because I have been busy, and partly due to my tendency to over analyze when it comes time to spend money. Wheels and tires are some coin, so I had to do my thing and over analyze it. In the end, I think it was worth it.
The rear end is finally back from the shop. It has had a new set of gears installed and a traction lock for ruining both tires at once, not just one at a time. Now it’s time to put the lines and brakes together to get it ready to mount. Continue reading “Rear end assembly”