5.0 Serpentine System with a 3G 130 Amp Alternator

The next big piece off the pile in the garage is the alternator and bracket. It had the original 2G alternator on it when I got it, and I took it off as an assembly. The assembly included the bracket, the alternator and the tensioner. All of it looked sufficiently 30 years old, and original.

Continue reading “5.0 Serpentine System with a 3G 130 Amp Alternator”

65 Mustang Motor Mounts

It seems the 65 had a unique motor mount unlike the rest of the classic mustangs. Since I have them, I decided to clean them up and use them. The other option was to buy the 66+ mounts and mounting plates. Or, my crazy motor purchases may make me buy drop mounts like I put in the 67 coupe. So, I started with the most economical option first.

Continue reading “65 Mustang Motor Mounts”

Engine assembly – part 1

With the engine back in the garage, I need to start assembling it. I plan on using the original serpentine system, so I have to clean up a bunch of parts and get them back in place. It’s a good thing I took a bunch of pictures, because tearing it down a year ago left a lot of gaps in my memory. I put all the bolts in one bin, but figuring out which is which took a bit of digging through pictures.

Continue reading “Engine assembly – part 1”

New Convertible Top

While the convertible is pretty solid, it does have a few items that need attention. The most pressing is the convertible top. It is pretty ragged and has several holes in it. While it is a summer car and the top is down for the most part, its pretty important to me to have a structurally sound top for the times where unexpected weather happens, or even just needing to park it outside over night at some point. So, that’s project number one.

Continue reading “New Convertible Top”