After driving home from the alignment, I could tell I had some tuning to do. In this case, it was the shifter. With me being tall, I have my knees kind of around the wheel. The brake pedal is currently too high, compounding the problem, but I cant step on it without moving my knee to the right. Well, with the shifter arm I have, I can’t hit the brakes while in second gear.Continue reading “Retrosound plus odds and ends”
When I purchased the car, it did not appear to have a leaking cowl issue. Because I didn’t think it had a leaking cowl, I was fine leaving it outside in the rain. Well, I soon realized that the interior is becoming a swamp with all the water soaking into the carpet. I need to figure this out and find a stop gap immediately.Continue reading “Driver’s wet feet”
After assembling the passenger door, I took a break from doors. As I get closer to having everything assembled, I can’t avoid assembling the driver door much longer. Since it’s been so long, I have already forgotten all the nuances associated with assembling, so its like its all new. I left out a number of details on my last write-up, so I figured I better do some more documenting. I expect I will be doing doors again as well.Continue reading “Finishing the Driver Door”
This is something I probably should have done a while ago. It’s one of the last few things on or under the dash that I need to finish. I have had a taped bundle of parts sitting in the pile from the tear down that I finally opened up and took inventory of and got to work putting it all back together.Continue reading “Parking Brake”
I previously did a write-up when I rebuilt my parking brake on my 67 coupe, I didn’t replace the handle as mine was in fine condition. With my son’s 67 coupe, the handle was broken off so I went ahead and rebuilt the mechanism and replaced the handle. There are a few details I learned, so I thought I would share.Continue reading “Replacing the Parking Brake Handle”
One of the “mod” parts of my resto-mod 67 is the instrument cluster. Since it started pretty low end, it didn’t have anything useful in the dash. Even though it had a 3 speed, it didn’t have a tachometer. Part of fixing that, I went with all modern gauges that look a little nicer, with newer technology. Continue reading “Instrument Cluster Rebuild”
As these projects go, once I can get the top most dependency done, things just start falling into place. The interior is waiting on the carpeting. Carpeting is waiting on the sound deadener and padding. This week, that came in so I got to work.