At this point, I have worked on a few different types of spindles. I started the restoration on the 67 coupe with 68 disc style spindles. After some issues, I went back to stock 67 spindles, which is what is on the coupe currently, with Wilwood brakes.Continue reading “Upgraded 65 spindles”
It’s been a long time since I had a steering wheel in the car. The main thing holing me up has been the fact that I need to cut the steering column to accommodate the Borgeson conversion. Well, today I stopped avoiding it and made the cut. I made this post picture heavy since I had a hard time finding pictures of some of the parts as I was learning.
Originally, I had manual steering. Along the way, I learned quite a few things about this specific year/month of Mustang that I have found myself restoring. One is the steering is very unique to the first few months of the 67 year run. In the restoration game, unique is not ideal.