The dash lights on the convertible don’t work. The bezel is faded with the chrome areas turned to faded grey and peeling. The lenses are fogged, though not as bad as my coupe was. All of this combined tells me it’s a good project to replace some parts and see why the lights aren’t working. Maybe some upgraded bulbs along the way.Continue reading “New Instrument Bezel and Lenses”
I have wanted sequential tail lights on my mustangs for many years. This is also a project I had considered on the 2005 when I first bought it, but just never did it. When I was building the 67, I knew I wanted to do it, but I didn’t want to add more variables for issues during the build, so I put it off to later. Later has arrived.Continue reading “Vintage LED Sequential Tail Lights”
I have been waiting for NPD to get the quality fog light bars in stock so I could finish the grille. Checking in recently, I see they are in, so its time to finish up that detail. While I was there, I also changed out the steering wheel to the one I should have gotten the first time, thus allowing me to also get the horns operational. Continue reading “Fog lights and horns”
One of the “mod” parts of my resto-mod 67 is the instrument cluster. Since it started pretty low end, it didn’t have anything useful in the dash. Even though it had a 3 speed, it didn’t have a tachometer. Part of fixing that, I went with all modern gauges that look a little nicer, with newer technology. Continue reading “Instrument Cluster Rebuild”
I started assembling the front end finally. After ordering some things I knew I would need, I started watching videos. I clearly got that in the wrong order. It ended up taking 3 orders to get what I need to finish the job. First stage will be to assemble the headlights. Continue reading “Front end assembly – Headlights”
The electrical in front of the firewall took a little more research than the rest. I didn’t have pictures of where everything was before, and on top of that, it wasn’t exactly original, or good when I started. I got lucky though, Randy had a very similar 67 in his shop recently that has not been restored, still with the original 6 cylinder motor. I was able to take a few reference pictures to get some idea how things should route.
On my quest to finish little parts while working on getting the car on it’s own wheels, I spent some time finishing the hood. This includes all the electrical and mechanical, plus bling to call it final. Since it’s not the standard hood, there’s a little more to do.