I have wanted sequential tail lights on my mustangs for many years. This is also a project I had considered on the 2005 when I first bought it, but just never did it. When I was building the 67, I knew I wanted to do it, but I didn’t want to add more variables for issues during the build, so I put it off to later. Later has arrived.Continue reading “Vintage LED Sequential Tail Lights”
Tag: American Autowire
Fog lights and horns
I have been waiting for NPD to get the quality fog light bars in stock so I could finish the grille. Checking in recently, I see they are in, so its time to finish up that detail. While I was there, I also changed out the steering wheel to the one I should have gotten the first time, thus allowing me to also get the horns operational. Continue reading “Fog lights and horns”
Instrument Cluster Rebuild
One of the “mod” parts of my resto-mod 67 is the instrument cluster. Since it started pretty low end, it didn’t have anything useful in the dash. Even though it had a 3 speed, it didn’t have a tachometer. Part of fixing that, I went with all modern gauges that look a little nicer, with newer technology. Continue reading “Instrument Cluster Rebuild”
The electrical in front of the firewall took a little more research than the rest. I didn’t have pictures of where everything was before, and on top of that, it wasn’t exactly original, or good when I started. I got lucky though, Randy had a very similar 67 in his shop recently that has not been restored, still with the original 6 cylinder motor. I was able to take a few reference pictures to get some idea how things should route.
Wiring the passenger compartment
With the rear wiring done, I had to do the part I was avoiding: the inside. In prep, I have been buying new chrome bezels and such for the ignition switch and headlights so I should be ready. One thing I haven’t gotten yet was a wiring fastener kit for all the various clips needed to keep the wiring in place. That should be easily left for the cleanup stage though.
Wiring – The Beginning
Wiring has been pretty intimidating for me. Not only is it expensive, there are a lot of details that I just don’t know. Since I didn’t take out the original wiring, I don’t have pictures of how it all looked previously. That just adds to the anxiety of re-wiring the whole car. Not to mention not being able to test anything until everything is done. Well, no point putting it off any longer. Time to jump in head first. Continue reading “Wiring – The Beginning”