When I was assembling the engine, I used mostly stock parts. I had some issues getting the PA Performance 130 amp alternator fitting due to it being larger. It all started with the ’72 timing chain cover, but I was never able to really get things like I wanted. I had a constant belt squeal that just wouldn’t go away. Possibly related to the power steering pump. Trying to fix all those things at once, I ordered a CVF Racing pulley system. As a bonus, its a pretty nice dress up.Continue reading “CVF Racing Pulley System”
It’s been a long time since I had a steering wheel in the car. The main thing holding me up has been the fact that I need to cut the steering column to accommodate the Borgeson conversion. Well, today I stopped avoiding it and made the cut. I made this post picture heavy since I had a hard time finding pictures of some of the parts as I was learning.
Originally, I had manual steering. Along the way, I learned quite a few things about this specific year/month of Mustang that I have found myself restoring. One is the steering is very unique to the first few months of the 67 year run. In the restoration game, unique is not ideal.Continue reading “Borgeson Power Steering”