289 Ready for Assembly – Step 1: Short Block

After tearing down the 302 and realizing it was a 79 block dressed up with 68 parts, I found an original early 68 289 block that will fit the period correct requirement for the 67. I switched gears mid stream and had the machine shop stop on the 302 and finish the 289 for this project. Well, they are done and I have the block and heads, plus all the various parts back at the house.

Continue reading “289 Ready for Assembly – Step 1: Short Block”

Getting Eric’s 65 on the Road

With the shop done, I thought I would get Eric’s 65 road worthy. It usually starts, but it can run rough. Sometimes it doesn’t start though. I also have no idea how the brakes look, or how well it stops since it hasn’t driven further than onto the trailer. I can say that the tires look old and starting to rot. With all that, it gets to be the first project on the lift.

Continue reading “Getting Eric’s 65 on the Road”